First and foremost FFOM is an organization of consumers. We're in need of three new board members, and are seeking board members whose experience and involvement in the birth community has given them the skills and knowledge to play a central role in the important work of FFOM. Members of the board of directors should represent the interests of the membership of FFOM in furtherance of its mission.
Right now we are looking for three industrious and daring women to accept the following positions:
- Legislative Committee Chair
- Fundraising Committee Chair
- Membership Committee Chair
What do these positions do?
- The Legislative Committee Chair gathers and facilitates the flow of information relating to legislation that affects access to midwifery in Florida, and brings those issues to the board and membership for discussion and possible action.
- The Fundraising Committee Chair serves as a resource to our members and Regional Groups on fundraising techniques and programs and manages our annual fundraising campaign.
- The Membership Chair is responsible for the maintenance of a current membership database, renewal of memberships, collection of dues, and initiatives to encourage new membership.
Our Board of Directors meets monthly by phone and twice annually in person.
If you know someone you would recommend or you wish to be considered as a candidate for the Board of Directors, please email us at email@example.com.